Thursday, March 21, 2013

Crafty Duck

On one of our spur of the moment trips we decided to go to Crafty Duck. We refers to my sister, her boyfriend Nicolin, and myself.

Crafty Duck is like a little farm just outside Copesville in Pietermaritzburg. The entrance fee is only R 25 and they have a variety of animals which include ostriches (which I'm not a big fan of, they seem a little scary and like they're looking for a fight...), goats, pigs, a huge range of birds and reptiles (which give me the creeps), chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits and even an animal whose name I cannot recall but is a relation to a llama. There are many more but I cannot remember them all *hides my face in shame*.

You're given a little can of food which you can feed to some of the animals. There are a few kiddies rides as well as horse riding for only R 10! I really wanted to go on a horse ride, but Nicolin and Prenisha refused to wait for me... Crafty Duck also has a restaurant with quite a selective menu which I would love to try out the next time I get to pop by.

My sister and I had wanted to go to Crafty Duck for ages. We always heard about it but had never been and so it was quite nice to finally see it... However, it IS a place which is more fun for children. You can take your kids there to have a look at the animals and enjoy a day there just to chill and maybe have some lunch... I know as a kid going to Crafty Duck would have been one hell of an adventure to me. Hehe :)

For more information you can check out the Crafty Duck website: Crafty Duck

I was pretty bummed out that I did not have my camera there because it was such a spur of the moment trip. It's a lovely place to photograph. All I managed to get were a few pics on my lame BlackBerry, so please mind the quality...


He got so excited when he saw us. He was lying down and upon our approach he got up and practically run toward the fence

I think they've come to associate people and tin cans with food...

He refused to eat the food off the ground would only eat directly from our hands...

Me feeding the cute baby goat :) (and yes I know its called a kid, but I prefer to say baby goat)


1 comment: