Thursday, November 8, 2012

Brainless forwarded messages

"If you love your mom pass this on to 20 people. A girl ignored it and her mom died 365 days later. Sorry I can't ignore this I love my mommy..."

This is a broadcast message that I received via BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) the other day. Now why the hell would you wanna bring about such bad luck onto ANY person?! I wouldn't even wish such a thing on my worst enemy. And what if I don't KNOW 20 people to pass this on to... That means my poor mother is now going to die?

Either way I find all these kinds of forwarded messages (if you don't send this to 15 people in 15 minutes you'll have bad luck, if you don't send this message to all your contacts you don't love God...etc) to be utterly annoying and stupid. Not to mention a waste of good time!

Firstly, why would you ever send someone something that could possibly bring them bad luck and basically badness on the whole... You're basically wishing evil upon the person you send the message to and you're kind of pushing them in a corner... (that is if these were in fact based on fact and truth...)

Which brings me to my second point, has ANYONE EVER died because they didn't send a forwarded message? ANYONE? EVER? I certainly don't know anyone who has died of such a cause or had bad luck because they didn't send a BC. I have never picked up a newspaper and seen the headline "Girl's mother dies because she didn't broadcast a message 365 days ago"...

Thirdly, my religious and spiritual beliefs are my own business and no one else's. Plus, I highly doubt God has all the time in the world to be monitoring forwarded messages. *God sitting in heaven* "la la laa... Aaaaaah! There's a new BC about ME! :D Ooooh! I made it. Again! Hey you, angel over there. Come on over here and check this out. They're sending BC's about me again! HOW COOL AM I?! Ooooooh! Aaah so Sam sent the BC. He definitely loves me. Okay, so lets give him something he wants. Ooh eh eh Tom didn't send the BC! *shakes head* AND he just deleted it! Sjoe! Can you believe that guy! I actually thought he loved me, but clearly he doesn't. He would have sent that BC if he did. That's it, he's going to hell. Take his name off our books." Yup, THAT'S what happens hey...

 And finally, these messages are a COMPLETE waste of time. I really don't have time to read these stupid messages and to then forward it to others (but yes, I do have the time to write an excessive blog post about it... it would certainly be worth it if I no longer receive lame BC's...) I would much rather use that time to be doing better (more productive) things with my life.

Also, just because I do not forward some dumb message it does not mean that I do not love or believe in God. I'd just rather pray on my own and have a personal relationship with God. It also doesn't mean that I do not love my parents (or whoever) or that I do not believe in a certain cause. There are better ways of showing you care and what not... Sending a forwarded message created by some bored person somewhere doesn't do anything or help it any way. It does not mean a thing. And it does not prove anything (other than the fact that you're a bored idiot who has nothing better to do with their life).

The next time you get a BC or forwarded message (or whatever it may be) please think twice before sending  it, and then DON'T send it!

No comments:

Post a Comment