Monday, December 24, 2012

Time is running out

I just completed wrapping ALL our Christmas gifts. (I say our because I was roped in to wrapping all my sister's gifts, my mum's gifts and the 'family' gifts). I must admit I didn't do too good a job, but hey it's decent! And I'd much rather be wrapping a million gifts than be stuck in the kitchen baking with the mum and sis...

Anyhoo, after doing all of that and sneakily running away to my room to finally get some rest, I saw "Eldest" (the sequel to "Eragon") lying on my bed... And I remembered that I had wanted to finish reading it, along with "Brisngr" before the end of the year.

I did get "Eldest" some time in November, but I had other books to complete first and then I was just not THAT into in and what with being busy here and there... So I now find myself on page 165 out of roughly 600 pages... And as much as I love reading, I'm not a very fast reader... So it looks like I'll have to just try to complete "Eldest" before year end and call it a day.

Disappointed in myself and a bit depro about the situation, but hey, at this point if I manage to finish "Eldest" I think I'm going to allow myself to be glad.

In the bigger picture, I have much worse things to be disappointed about. Such as an entire year has passed and I have yet to get a proper job... Time has run out way too quick for me on that front... *Holding thumbs for next year now*

I guess in some twisted way, if I manage to complete the book before year end I can say that I accomplished SOMETHING this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment