Tuesday, July 16, 2013

FULL OF SHIP - A Dingalings production



This past Saturday, on an almost spur of the moment invitation, we headed off to Golden Horse to see the Dingalings "Full of Ship" (I only found out the name of the show when I got there). 

"Full of Ship" was my first Dingalings show so I didn't entirely know what to expect, but I was nervous that it might be a bit too "rude" based on what I have heard of past Dingaling productions. However, it was actually decent enough. It is an adult comedy after all, but nothing a 16-year-old can't handle.

This is the Dingalings 5th production and features Koobeshen Naidoo (far right), Pamela Naidoo,(the ONLY lady) Senzo Mthethwa (its the black dude, seriously), Henry Ramkissoon (the bald one), Melvyn David (sort of in between Senzo and Pamela)and Ravi Subramoney (the only one not yet mentioned). The 5 guys are off to do a gig on the luxury cruise ship. We meet them as they are waiting to board, and follow their shenanigans from thereon out. Trouble and drama are inevitable with these guys. From Melvyn having hysterics about drowning and insisting on wearing a bright orange life vest (which I would do too) because even the "titinic" hit an "ice cube" and sank. To Henry smuggling booze on board in shampoo bottles. And things only get 'worse' when they bump into the sassy Pamela.  

I won't give any more away for those who may plan on seeing the show or getting the DVD and don't want the fun to be spoiled. However, I will say this, Koobeshen may be considered the 'main star' of the show, but for me it was Melvyn who stole the show. His antics were just hilarious and I saw the character as one I could pull off well too. And he's sooo cute! You just wanna pick him up and snuggle him and tell him everything's gonna be okay... Unless someone mentions his ma, then I'm outta there...


On the whole, "Full of Ship" is HILARIOUS! I laughed from beginning to end, and still had a smile on my face when I got home. Some good old classic music was also featured which really just enhanced the show even further. My personal favourite was the old Tamil song "wada mapula" which just makes my heart cry and smile at the same time.

"Full of Ship" is South African comedy at its best and definitely a show worth watching if you get the chance. 



2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the show, will pass the compliments to the cast.
    Senzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    I certainly wouldn't mind going for more of you guys shows if your'll came to PMB

    ReplyDelete