Thursday, September 13, 2012

Best comedy shows to watch...

I've just started watching "Only Fools And Horses" and I wish I'd decided to watch it sooner! I've had it since some time last year, but I just never thought it worth watching (which is what happens with me and most series, I end up watching them by accident or out of utter boredom). Yesterday I just decided to give "Only Fools And Horse" a try (seeing as I'm taking a break from novels, or at least until I get my hands on Twilight-New Moon). And I didn't want to watch something that was too long or serious. "Only Fools And Horses" is only about 30 minutes an episode, give or take a few minutes. And it certainly seemed like a comedy. So I gave it a try and do NOT regret it - its hilarious!

So, as I was watching this I thought about the comedy series I've watched. I'm a huge comedy fan, but I tend to be a bit fussy about shows (as I am with most stuff I guess). I will watch just about anything, but it doesn't mean I'll think it any good. I'm not very big on slapstick comedy, though I might like the odd one or two and have a good laugh here and there with them, on the whole - not a big fan. And though South Park may have it's moments, its not something I'd watch to have a real good laugh nor do I consider it good comedy. On the other hand though, not everyone shares my sense of humour and taste as such... But such is life and this is mine, so... :)

I thought I'd just list the shows that have given me a great many laughs and are worth wasting time over. I might have forgotten a few, and may have left out a good few that other's would have put on their lists, but this is because I have either yet to have watched it myself, or I just don't think it good enough... So these are some awesome comedy shows (in no particular order) that I have watched and think are awesome (AND hilarious, well DUH):

  1. The IT Crowd (UK)
  2. The Big Bang Theory
  3. That Mitchell and Webb Look
  4. Father Ted
  5. 30 Rock
  6. Robot Chicken
  7. The Office
  8. Only Fools And Horses (of course!)
  9. Sketch U Later (for those few South African's who were fortunate enough to catch the few episodes aired on SABC 3)
  10. Malcolm in the Middle
  11. Everybody Hates Chris
  12. Modern Family
  13. Friends
  14. Spin City (the Michael J Fox days)
  15. Two and a Half Men (here and there, it has its moments, though not so good after the like 5th or 6th season)
  16. Titus (oh so awesome)
  17. That 70s Show (it should have ended WAY sooner though, Jackie should NOT have gone through most of the gang and what is That 70s Show without ERIC?! Dumbest last season EVER)
  18. Arrested Development (heard that it's making a comeback - waiting eagerly!)
  19. Better Off Ted
  20. Mr Bean (an all time favourite - classic)
  21. Mind Your Language

2 comments:

  1. "Only Fools And Horses"? Let me know what you think of it if you do get round to watching it...

    ReplyDelete