Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Durban Day - FAIL

*Sniff sniff*
Yes, this is a bit of a delayed post. Durban Day was on Sunday, and I'm posting this 2 days later. I just needed some time to be able to deal and get over everything. Alas, I don't think I will. Writing this post and I feel the tears welling up in my eyes...

So this is how the story goes...

I was extremely psyched about Durban Day - to see the Parlotones! I have super love for the Parlotones. So I head off to the Moses Mabhida peoples park all set for an awesome day, the weather was certainly obliging.

Obviously the Parlotones will come on last, as they are the main act, as well as best... So I'm forced to sit through all the other performances, but I don't mind and I find that I actually enjoyed the music and was having a good time, even though they took really long to set up for each performance. Which got most people annoyed as it truly was a waste of time. But I was all good, until Lira came on... No offence, I'm sure she's good and all, but I just don't like her songs. Just not a fan at all. And she was on stage FOREVER! (Well that's how it seemed to me). So I just sat myself down and decided to just chill until the Parlotones came on.

However, luck and good fortune were not on my side. My dear friend could not take it any longer. She was complaining about being tired since around 5pm. I kept trying to stall her and told her she'll definitely be home and in bed by 9pm. Eventually she just gave up asking and suggesting and told me "phone your dad and tell him to pick us up". She wanted to go home and sleep. She had work the next day. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't phone 'cause my dad wouldn't hear me with all the noise. So I HAD to sms him. She watched as I typed and kept asking about it until he called to let us know he was there.

We walked out. I felt my entire body shake. I wasn't even seen clearly I just kept on walking. I felt the tears in my eyes. I had to keep them in though. Even though I just felt like breaking down. And she hugs ma and is like "sorry". I'm like "its okay", when it wasn't. I just felt too bad to tell her the truth. And I was just trying to keep myself from falling apart. I could not believe that I was walking away from the Parlotones! That I was RIGHT THERE and I was just leaving before seeing them! After having paid a hundred bucks, travelling all the way to Durban, and waiting the entire afternoon just to see them perform, to only walk away just before they could...

I wasn't angry. I am now. After everything has set in... And I realised I would have stuck through anything for her... And she knew how important this was to me... And she wasn't asleep by 9... But I wasn't angry then, I was just extremely sad and disappointed. I still am. I'm officially in depression. I now know better than to take her to concerts... I'd rather go alone or not go at all than to get all psyched up and pay for it and not see my band.

I have nothing more to say. Its too painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment