Monday, January 13, 2014

Traffic is bliss

Picture taken from Google
I started work last week (the 6th of January). I assumed most people would be getting back to work then too. So I was expecting traffic. But (and for once it's a GOOD but!), there was practically NO traffic! There were a handful of cars on the road. I reached work in 15 minutes at a cruise. No stress. No worries. Just a calm, peaceful drive. 

I head off for work today. Expecting to have a chilled ride to work. School is only back on Wednesday so I don't need to worry about the brats making my life difficult yet again. (It's seriously a catch 22 situation with these kids - I want them back at school so that the malls and basically everywhere will be more peaceful, BUT, them going back to school means more morning traffic... You just cannot win with these kids hey). I leave home. And just down the road from my house - BAM! Cars everywhere! 

So, clearly most people are back to work today (lucky dogs). (Maybe I can count this as prep for Wednesday...) Anyhoo, I am now going to have to work out the best time for me to leave home so as to incur the least amount of traffic. I will work on a trial and error method during the course of the week, with different times and routes. And hopefully by Friday I will have found a way to get to work with minimal traffic encounters.

Happy driving folks :)



No comments:

Post a Comment