Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"A Thousand Splendid Suns"

"A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini (author of The Kite Runner) - amazing read. I was skeptical of reading this book at first because I had watched The Kite Runner and have yet to recover from it... I guess I'm an extremely sensitive person and find it difficult to move on from things dealing with, basically in simple terms, the ill treatment of people and animals and pretty much all things evil...

So yeah, it took me a year to finally get around to reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" and when I did I didn't put it down till I was done. I literally sat in bed the whole of Sunday until I completed the book and I could barely see clearly by the end of it.

Basically, it is an extremely sad, torturous and disheartening read, but its worth it. Its an absolute great read and keeps you in suspense the entire way through. And if you feel like having a good cry, I definitely recommend this book. It is also an eye opener into the world of Afghanistan (which I had previously known practically nothing about).

So if you're looking for a truly moving book to read - get your hands on "A Thousand Splendid Suns"

No comments:

Post a Comment