Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Curling Wand Trials

I have tried, time and time again, to curl my hair. And time and time again, I fail. Hopelessly. I've tried half heartedly many a time and it turned out, eh... well it wasn't too bad, but lets just say that I wouldn't go out in public with hair like that.
   
 So there came a point when I just gave up. If I wanted curls then I would just have to go to the salon and get them done professionally! So I'd settled myself to this decision, then one day my friend decided to curl her hair for an occasion. She took really small pieces of hair and made tiny little spirals of curls (which is what I've always wanted and could never get! Even at a salon - they always end up giving me big curls). And I've always been a bit too lazy to do that, especially when just fooling around to see how it would look. But now, seeing how well it turned out on my friend's hair I thought I had found my solution!
   
Alas I concluded that if I made little curls it would totally work! So along comes my cousin's wedding and I have decided that I am GOING to curl my hair and look AMAZING! So I attempt the little curls. I go to my mother for approval after doing about half my hair (which took FOREVER) and she deems it good enough to continue. So I do. Only to realize by the time I'm on the last curl that it looks horribly disastrous and HUGE! Then my mother sees me and completely gawks demanding that I get rid of that horrendous hair do asap! While I'm still trying to wrap my head around this, my sister walks in and near falls down, sari and all! And this is all about half an hour before we have to leave!
   
So it was decided that I had to straighten my hair. And try to salvage it. Alas, there was not enough time. And I had done each curl with about a handful of gel to make sure it held... And hold it did! I rinsed my and still the gel stuck. So I attempted to straighten it, but as I said, there was not enough time, and I did not have in my possession a ghd, which might have made a greater difference. So I went to my first cousin's wedding (which my entire boyfriend's family was at too, for reasons that have no place here) with big hair in a frizz :(

That's me in the long bluish dress (with the bad hair)

After this I had deemed my lesson learnt finally. And had assumed that it was not me, but rather the old curling tong which was at fault... 
   
So I recently obtained a new one - a curling wand. I anxiously waited for the weekend to get a chance to use it. I sat myself down in front of the mirror with the curling wand and my hair. And I gave up quarter way through. At first I thought it was going okay, but then things just went horribly wrong and I started feeling dizzy and I just decided it was better if I just let it be. So I tried to uncurl it, then brush it out - fail. So in the end I just put a hoodie over it. 
  
I think I just need to get someone else to do it for me as I just cannot get to all my hair and curl it appropriately. The only thing I succeeded in doing today was giving myself an even worse hair do and burning a finger!
   
So I'm giving up on the curling tong/wand dream for now, and tomorrow I'm gonna try my hand at rollers... :D 



No comments:

Post a Comment