Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The torture we put ourselves through...

So I got my eyebrows and upper lips threaded today... And it was torture! My face is still sore! The thing is, I was one of those people who believed in the all natural look, however, with time I came to realize that the almost uni-brow and moushy just weren't very appealing...

So there came the time when I decided to get my eyebrows and moustache 'taken care off'. From the first time I hated the pain. I guess I just have a low threshold for pain. But the thing I noticed is that the first time you go to someone is the best you will ever get out of them, thereafter they really couldn't be bothered. I'm now on my third 'threader' and contemplating changing her too as she has become far to rough with my poor face, I've even got a scar to prove it today! And these people just keep making my eyebrows thinner and thinner each time! I hate thin eyebrows. Plus they don't even shape them properly. The last time I got my eyebrows done they screwed it up so bad I had to wait almost two months for them to grow back fully!

So why do I still do threading? Because I will not wax - no thank you very much. And I would just tweeze them myself, but I am just unable to shape my eyebrows! I've tried on numerous occasions to keep them neat as it starts to grow but I always fail... And tweezing the part of the upper lip just below the nose is just tooooo painful to handle.

*Sigh* alas I want pretty eyebrows, and a non existent moustache, so I have to pay for it... But I am still in search for the perfect threading 'artist'. Just hope I can find one...

No comments:

Post a Comment