Thursday, August 30, 2012

Little shoes, Big Feet



Aaaaaaah! How can you look at these amazing shoes and not just sigh and smile... :) Okay, I may be a bit psycho, or so people tell me... But you have to admit the beauty of these shoes... If you don't agree - boo you!

Anyhoo, I had to give you a look at the simply amazing shoes before telling its story. So this is the story of this pair of shoes...

Around the beginning of this year I went window shopping around town, just walking in and out of shops ogling the awesome clothes I'd love to own and trying on the cutest shoes I wish I could afford but making do with just modelling around in them for 2 minutes thinking I'm a hot shoe model... I then go into Edgars (a store I don't really expect to come out of with bags) but its nice to look none the less... I go straight to the shoe section, and there are these amazing purple shoes that are just thee cutest! I had to try them on! And they looked ever so cute on me (if I do say so myself). I knew they were just made for me, but alas the price tag wasn't. The shoes were going for about R250 to R300, which was out of my budget for shoes (especially since I'd bought about 2 pairs just the previous week, which I came to regret when I saw these babies). But, I do have self control (most of the time) so I walked away calmly, dreaming of the day when I'll be able to buy all the shoes in the world. And so time moved on and so did I and I came to forget about those gorgeous heels that stole my heart for a moment...

THEN come August 9th and I'm shopping around with my cousins at the mall and we go into Edgars, which happened to be having a HUGE sale - 50% off on most stock. Usually even this won't excite me too much, BUT, it was 50% off the already marked down price! I mean, could life GET any more exciting! So we're looking around and BAM! What do we see but this solitary pair of purple shoes! And they were marked down to R150! Plus 50% off that! It just so happened that all three of us liked the shoe. Unfortunately my cousins wear bigger sizes and I take a 4 in heels, this was a 5 :( I thought I'd try my luck none the less, but they were just too big :( We were truly depressed. But again, I managed to deal with the pain.

That Saturday I went to the Edgars in town, and I made a bee line for the shoes. And there, in front of me, was (drum roll) a single pair of purple heels in a size 4! I could NOT believe my luck. I tried them on and they were just perfect, I quickly found a box and popped them in my trolley and grinned like a nutcase for the rest of the day.

I could not believe me luck (still can't), especially seen as I'm not really a lucky person, quite the opposite in fact. And so I couldn't stop talking about my new shoes, I told everyone about them and kept looking for an excuse to wear them. Alas I could not find a valid reason for wearing them, and I would NOT waste them   on work. So they're just sitting in my room, 'cause I have to look at them everyday and they're too good to be kept away with the rest of my shoes. And now we come to the bit which this blog title refers to...

Some 'visitors' popped by over the weekend. 'They' came into my room. 'They' see my shoes and mention it, having heard so much about it from me already. 'They' ask what size it is. I say size 4. 'They' take a size 5 and 6. Before I know what's happening, said person is shoving her feet into my shoe while asking if she can try them on! I was utterly horrified, but alas I am too nice to say anything so I just leave it. I later try on my shoes, and they are loose! Just a wee bit, but my feet seem to slip out. I am completely devastated and shocked at how cunning people can be! Firstly, why would ANYONE want to try on someone else's shoes?! And secondly, who on earth would force their massive feet into SOMEONE ELSE"S shoes knowing they're too small?! AND I've never gotten to wear the shoes out yet!

So alas, this week brought on a fresh bout of hate towards human kind. I'm just praying I manage to walk in my shoes :(



No comments:

Post a Comment